Friday, August 18, 2006

THE EYES ARE INDEED THE WINDOWS TO THE SOUL















Noooo!! It is Better Not To Look Now Habibti (my love)...

but i want to see what is left, i want to see what they have done, are there still bodies down there? let me see, let me see..why wont you?? its not fair!!

Im protecting you habibti, im protecting you from yourself, from the images you will bear in ur heart
I need to see your smile reach your eyes hayeti (my life)..mine left me along time ago, buried under the earth, under these same rubbles that new smiles have been buried yet again
Please you must try to understand, it is for your own good.

But if i dont see how will i know? how will i be strong to fight back? how else will I have the strength to go on and build her again?

Yeh hayeti, in your heart you know what your eyes cannot see, you can feel it, you can sense it
I just want you to remember the way it was, not the way it is..with your innocence and purity you will rebuild her, not with the anger and pain i have seen and felt..
be patient, wait....
It is better not to look now habibti

6 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, very nice halla.

lafunk79 said...

thank you mirvat, it was an imaginary conversation i was having with my father in lebanon..i imagined myself as a little girl visiting whats left of our beautiful country.

Unknown said...

i love conversation pieces. so real and tender and noble in its sadness.

Zee said...

... and human hands are the "eyes" to find the world.

lafunk79 said...

that is so true zee..never looked at it that way..thanks for the insight!

Anonymous said...

Waw Halla, you're soo talented...That was amazing.